JoAnne is fond of saying, “you can plan the plan” then typically follows up with, “it’s about the journey not the destination”.
If all had gone according to plan we would now be in Anza-Borrego State Park. We were originally going to travel to Anza on January 11. But our little “incident” postponed our departure from Sam’s. No, our insurance claim is not settled but remains in “limbo”. Once resolved it may be, on second thought, will be the subject of another blog post.
Staying put in Desert Hot Springs gave us the opportunity to meet fellow bloggers Rick and Paulette Doyle. That meeting lead to an amazing dinner at Sherman’s - here is Rick’s blog link to that experience.
As it turned out there was also an important insurance industry meeting taking place in the Palm Springs area the week of January 14. It was at the Westin in Rancho Mirage which is a really beautiful resort. I enjoyed attending and catching up with industry friends.
Our next departure date was to be January 20. Unfortunately, JoAnne got what we originally thought was the flu (yes, she had gotten her flu shot). After a trip to the doctor we learned that it was not the flu but rather a very nasty local virus. Nothing to do but hydrate, rest and wait it out. Sorry, I am under strict orders – No Pictures! Yet, traveling when you are sick is not much fun. So, we decided to stay put. JoAnne is now on the mend and feeling much better. We are now scheduled to leave for Anza on Monday - But… today I woke up with a slight sore throat. I am still optimistic that I will dodge this virus bullet and we will be in Anza on Monday.
On the other hand if you have to get sick and stay inside what better day to do that when it is raining... and here in the desert rain is pretty rare. Yes, I agree you can plan the plan… and we are loving the journey.